Progress! Even in small measures it’s a glorious thing! I think writing my resolutions down has already helped me out. Since doing so I’ve prepped my pattern for my Edwardian Corset!
You may notice in this picture that pieces are laid out on my work desk. This is because, as I wrote in my resolution post, I have difficulties being creative after a long day at work. Right now though, it’s the quiet season at the office so we do have quite a bit of spare time. So I decided to get to work, while at work! I can hardly lug my sewing machine to the office but little projects will work.
I also revisted the Dreamstress’ blog for the first time in a while and saw that she is running the Historical Sew Fortnightly Challenge. Her pieces are always amazing and hopefully in a few decades I can catch up to her levels. The challenge looks really good and I think I can combine a few of my to do list projects with her challenges! And even if they don’t fit, I’ll get to create some lovely other pieces! So I am taking up the challenge and can’t wait!
The challenge this week is ‘Bi/Tri/Quadri/Quin/Sex/Septi/Octo/Nona/Centennial” so I will be making a corset that could have been worn in 1913. I love having a deadline and this will be due on the 14th of Jan which would normally be fine but I’ve got a birthday in the middle of it. I also have quite a messy sewing room to clean… Oh well, it’s going to be a busy fortnight!