Tonight was the night it all came together. My Victorian Ball Gown finally got its big debut after at least 6 months after I started it. This was an event organised by my friend and set in 1862 I believe. There were a number of lovely dresses and there was even one lady who had made her dress from the same pattern as I! But we had taken different routes (her’s was better constructed for starters!) so many people who we pointed it out to hadn’t even noticed. We were quite proud of our efforts. Unfortunately Genny did not have a petticoat so her skeleton hoops which I whipped up in under an hour showed through quite badly. The lowest one was also slightly to big for her dress so when we got to the event I had to hike it up a bit hence why it was a bit wonky for most of the evening.
All credit for the non-shakey picture go to Scott Marks