Today I went Vegetarian for a day. It was not easy given that I find bacon to be an essential food group but this quiche and my pumpkin soup were so good that I managed to make it through the day!
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil, plus a bit more for pie plate
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup vegetables (I used corgettes and garlic stems but its up to you)
- Seasoning to taste ( I find thyme to be the best)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
2. Prepare a 9- or 10-inch pie plate with oil.
3. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and vegetables, and cook until softened. Transfer these to a mixing medium bowl and let them cool for a while.
4. Add eggs to the bowl and lightly beat. Whisk in dairy beverage, cheese and seasoning.
5. Pour egg mixture into the bowl and sprinkle with a little more cheese if you wish.
6. Bake until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean and quiche is golden brown, 50–60 minutes.